Hi everyone!
To answer really quickly your question about the birthday present, I'm cool with just the music cds. I really feel like the luckiest person in the world right now and I'd be selfish to ask for anything else. I LOVE the camera and the 8GB memory card. That's great! I think for my birthday if you could just help me be more financially secure so that when I go home, I can afford school, that'd be the BEST present ever.
I got Camille's email and yours as well, mom. Thank you for re-admitting me. I'll be content with whatever you decide as far as classes go. Tell the person there at the school that I want to go into teaching and I also want to finish art. See what kind of weird look she gives you after that.
This week has been so great. So stressful at times but also so great. Both Sister Roundy and I have felt that we haven't kept our heads in the game as much as we were doing in the first two weeks and for that reason, we did more on Sunday morning than we've ever done to get our investigators to church. We woke up at 5:30 and got ready early. Then we drove to three different houses. At the first one, we decorated Mayra's truck and put a sign on it that said, "How great shall be your joy" in spanish. Then we knocked on the door and woke her up. She was actually excited to see us. Then we went to another's house. She wouldn't answer but we called them and the husband was at work. He actually got a job! And he's been living the Word of Wisdom. Then we went to Hilaria's house and sang outside her bedroom window. She called our cellphone and told us she didn't want to wake up and that she was just going to go to her church at 1.00. Hna Roundy sweet talked her on the phone and we were let into the door. We waited while she bathed and got ready. It was such a satisfying time in church. Mayra was so thrilled that she got her own wake up call and made sure the people in the ward knew what we did. She also was a lot more friendlier. She has a baptismal date but we want to get her attached to the ward before she gets baptized. It's a slow-going process but the incident at church helped.
As for the others we're teaching, their great! Daniel Fuentes is still getting ready for baptism. We taught him a lesson this week and he brought up marriage. Apparently one of the teachers in Sunday school told him that to get into heaven he'd have to be married and after a couple of weeks of meditating it, daniel told us what he concluded. He said he's finally ready to settle down. He's like 40 years old now. He said that he used to imagine himself driving a speed boat with lots of women in it but now the mountain of women is replaced by just one woman and lots of kids. He's a sport. He's driven. He said to us that we need to use our brains to the fullest capacity. We're supposed to come up with new ideas and be innovative. As long as he's obedient, he says anything is possible.
Tonight Hna Roundy is going to the Mission Home. I'm going to miss her so much. I can't express all that she's taught me and all that I admire in her. She really loves me and I love her too. She's taught me a lot about love. After tonight I'll be able to tell you how its going with just me and sister Gibbs.
Ok I've gotta go. Thank you all for the letters and prayers. Keep me in your prayers as I strive to follow the advice of Daniel and use my brain to the fullest of its capacity. There HAS to be a way to get more genuine converts. Pray that I can continue working hard and smart.
I love you all! Send my love to the 5th ward too. And tell Jordan I love and appreciate him. If he could just stay in South Africa, I know he'd find a lot of success and healing.
Love,Hermana Langston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment