Sunday, April 5, 2009

Consider the Blue Bonnets of Texas

My most sacred family and friends:

I just received a package from my two faithful friends Peggy and Allison, another one from my mom and Camille, watched a video of my nieces and nephews at the Badgers' place for conference, looked at photos of David as a child that his mother had posted on the internet for his birthday, read a letter from my little brother who's doing all he can to love the people in Africa, comtemplated a long letter from my beloved brother Daniel on the topic of love and selflessness, and I can't help but cry with joy. You don't know how happy I am in my life right now. If I could have any wish right now--seeing as it is my birthday and all--I'd wish that every single person could understand and experience the joy that I feel. I love you all so much and even more than that, I love my sacred Heavenly Father who takes care of ALL His children, especially me. When I consider the lillies of the field, I KNOW that my Heavenly Father is conscious of me--his Texas blue bonnet.

Daniel, your letters are so inspiring. I will be forever grateful for your advice to lose myself and love others because it has helped me have a meaningful mission. David, your acts of kindness to me in giving me whatever I've wanted or needed--both on the mission and beforehand--have softened my heart and helped me look for the good in others. Jill, your emails and humor have always kept me going through the times I was upset with myself and the world. Camille, you will never know just how much impact you've ALWAYS had in my life. Thank you for still writing me weekly! Candice, I've always wanted to have your life and for that reason I called you before anyone else to get advice on whether I should serve this mission. Thank you for helping me make the best decision of my life. Mom you know that you're me hero, I hope. You're my angel who I will never be able to repay. Dad, the same goes for you but for different reasons. I literally won't be able to repay you for those credit card debts....so, uh, good luck with that. Just kidding. I just really love you for being a solid, silent sacrificer. Jacob, you have a gift that inspires me. I want so badly to just come home and spend time with you. You've always made me feel Christlike love when I'm around you. Jordan...if you can hear me from way over there...I admire you for all that you're doing to keep going. Keep enduring to the end. You're loved by everyone, including people here in Texas that you've never met. Grandma and Grandpa Travis and Langston, I reverence your work that you've done in your lives and are still doing. Peggy and Allison....you two deserve to go to the Celestial Kingdom for just being so faithful in writing me and doing all that you do to better the world. I love you two so much and think so highly of you guys.

I just wanted to express to everyone how much I love them. Conference weekend was the most rewarding and wonderful experience of my life and I don't even exaggerate. In the peaceful chapel in Houston texas, I watched the prophets and apostles speak and I KNEW that this work was real. I KNOW without any doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the one true and living organization run by Christ himself. It proves that God and His Son Jesus Christ are still god of miracles. It also proves that how we treat others and teach others is the most powerful principle.

Luis Hernandez is my new best friend (you didn't hear that, Peggy). He taught me something this weekend. As he came with us to our appointments and bore strong testimony to the people we met, his heart was changed. From Friday to Sunday, he worked hard with us. He watched conference with us. He told me that had I not decided to serve a mission, he wouldn't be where he is today. He's SO GRATEFUL for having the priesthood. He's so grateful to his Heavenly Father for having sent the restored gospel to his life to guide him in these latter days.

I miss Sister Roundy. I cried a lot when she left.But I love Sister Gibbs for having taught me a lesson in reverence and obedience to the Holy Ghost. I think we could all find a lot more peace in our hearts if we did all we could do to keep the Holy Ghost with us at all times. That of course means first being baptized to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. But after that, we must strive to learn what all that it takes to keep the Holy Ghost with us and strive to listen to the promptings we get. I love this gospel. I love my Heavenly Father so much for being so patient with me while He struggles to teach me how to behave like a daughter of God. I've learned so much this week.I know even more that this gospel is true.I know that the Lord clothes the lilies of the field and feeds the birds in the sky. And he will heal those who trust him. And make their hearts as gold.

With all my love that I try so hard to be able to express through feeble means,
Hermana Langston

No comments: