It really is a great life. I love hearing the good news of the gospel spreading throughout the world. I can feel that it's starting to touch the hearts of the people here in Texas. We've talked to quite a lot of people in these parts and we even met one old black guy who said that everytime he sees us running past him in his complex he says, "there goes my two most favorite gals in the world." Another guy stopped me and said he admires missionaries so much for the sacrifice we make to stay away from our family. He said he doesn't like to believe in God but there's something special about us that he admires and he always tells his friends to stop laughing at the elders on the bikes. It's interesting how many people notice us and have questions for us even though we don't stop to talk to them. I try to remember that every day as I go out the door.
Hna Roundy is still here with me as well as Sister Gibbs. We're thinking the visa should arrive this week. Sister Gibbs is great. It's hard sometimes to be patient with how slow she moves or how technologically impaired she is, but I would be so ungrateful to complain about that. She does a lot to fix us food, to buy us food, to drive us places in her own car so that we don't waste miles, and stuff like that. She's a sweet lady. We don't use her laptop much but we could if we wanted to. I'm sure going to miss Hna Roundy when she does go though. I have become such a better companion because of her. She loves me no matter what and makes me feel so good about myself that makes me want to communicate with her even when my pride prevents me. I love that girl.
Things are going good in the work. The ward has taken Luis under their wing. Daniel Fuentes, the guy with a baptismal date, finished reading the book of Mormon last Tuesday and called us afterward saying he wanted to make us porkchops. He said that we was "Bien contento" with us, meaning that he was just so pleased because we had actually found him. He said that after reading the Book of Mormon, it just all made sense. All the questions that he's had in his life were answered in the book. He got really serious and told us how amazed that we would sacrifice a year and a half of our lives and put ourselves into physical danger to go find the lost souls and save one soul. It made me think again about why I'm a missionary. I don't realize the impact the missionaries have on the lives of others I guess.
Thank you for sending the gifts for me! I don't know what they are yet cuz I haven't gotten them from the Paradas yet. But I'm now excited to see what camera i have!! Wooo! I'm glad that you were able to spend time with them.
What's the news with Jordan? Is he going to get knee surgery? I've been thinking about him a lot lately and I'm praying that what ever happens is what God wants to happen.
Camille, I really liked the picture of Caitlyn and Troy. I didn't get any email after that so if you sent one, you'll need to send it again. In fact, if you want to send it through the mail, I don't mind. I don't mind coconut either.
Well, we're going to the zoo today so I've gotta sign off. I love you all and am so estatic to be able to share the joy that I feel from serving others with you guys when I get home. Would you like me do some service for ya'll? What can I get you? A soda? Would you like me to serve you a soda? I love you all. This gospel is true. The atonement of Christ is real.
Love,
Hermana Langston

1 comment:
Hi Sister Langston, do you know when Jeanette gets home yet? I heard July something?
Post a Comment