I just want to say that life becomes more beautiful after surviving trials. I am more grateful for trials now than ever because the blessings ALWAYS come after we endure the trials. This week Hna Roundy and I put more of our heart and energy into the work. Although the pictures I've attached don't really show it, we worked hard! And we sacrificed a lot to be able to find six people who were ready to have a baptismal date. I'm going to tell you a little about my own battle with hopelessness in hopes that it could help anyone out there going through the same thing.
We both felt that it was possible to get 6 with a baptismal date. And we felt confident that the number was inspired. At the end of the week, after fasting a lot, studying a lot, putting much faith into our planning and our communication with people, being more bold than we've been thus far with our investigators, Sunday came. We hadn't made any progress it seemed. No one new had a baptismal date. Saturday night, I was on my knees begging for the Lord to tell me what I was doing wrong and why I wasn't seeing the fruits of my labors. I wanted to give up and curse God, but all I could do really was cry. I just couldn't find it in me to blame God. But Sunday morning came and I was exhausted (maybe the time change had something to do with it). I had to use every last ounce of strength to make calls and still fight to be able to keep our investigators going, let alone myself as well. During church, Luis was confirmed with the Holy Ghost (oh did I tell you he got baptized on Saturday? The pictures are on Hna Roundy's camera) and the testimonies of the members confirmed that this work was something bigger than I could fathom. The spirit was so strong. I knew that God was telling me that my efforts weren't in vain this week. When we got back home, I just felt a sudden surge of energy and fierceness that wouldn't let me quit. Hna Roundy and I made calls like nobody's business. We planned exactly what we were going to teach and how we were going to extend baptismal dates. We made calls while we drove, we talked to people all around us, we said goodbye immediately to those who weren't receptive, we found the strength to call members to come out with us to our appointments and eventually found one. The day was a complete success and we didn't extend a single baptismal date. I thought on Saturday night that I'd be writing you very disappointed in myself but it turns out that I am so so proud. I'm so ready for this week and we KNOW that we'll be able to extend more dates. We've learned where are mistakes are and we're going to fix it. Even more important, in the moment when I wanted to give up the most and throw away what faith I had, I just kept going. I hoped for something better and that something better came. It's going to get even better and I know it.
One thing the Lord taught me was that I have my agency to choose. I can choose if I want to work hard. I can choose to be mad. I can choose to fix my problems rather than wait for that problem to be fixed. I didn't get what i asked for this week, but instead the Lord gave me something better.
Ok I love you all so much. I've gotta go so this thing doesn't shut down on me. Vili, do you know a Lola Maumau or a Tevit Maumau? They live in West Jordan. That's all for now.
Les quiero mucho!
Love,
Hermana Langston

No comments:
Post a Comment