Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hello family and Friends,

I had a wonderfully written and slightly witty email ready to go but it turns out I wasn't fast enough in sending it. I apologize. Things are going really good this week. Hna Roundy and I are working hard to reach some pretty high goals and we're trying our best to take care of everyone in our teaching pool. The beautiful thing about the latino culture here in Houston is that they're very friendly and not at all bold about telling us not to come back even if that's what they're thinking. So we just have to teach really well on the streets to see if they're interested enough to listen to us and understand what we're trying to lead to.

People are still getting baptized. The ward is getting better. Hna Roundy and I went to the gym for the first time today and it was an amzing experience. Dad, thank you very much for the letter and the pamphlet on the draper temple. We taught a temple lesson to Mayra who has a baptismal date and gave her that pamphlet to read as homework. It's a very informative thing. Thank you for sending me that calendar and talk, too.

The church is true. The purpose of life is becoming more and more clear to me. My love for my family is becoming more and more alive and meaningful. Its amazing how many people live in broken families here. I'm so lucky to have you guys.

Love,
Hermana Langston

No comments: