Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Life Is Amazing!

Why does life have to be so darn amazing!!

I cannot even believe how wonderful life is right now. First of all, it doesn't even feel like I'm training at all. Hna Roundy is an amazing missionary with wonderful talents in teaching and being proactive with her time. She has been a huge blessing to me and even though she tells me that I keep her working hard, I truly feel like she's the one working me. She's amazing! And this past week with her has been powerful. I thank God in my prayers every night for sending her to me. We've found a lot of new investigators, have been able to progress the investigators we already have, and instead of dropping Mayra, she now has a baptismal date! It's been a really busy week but its all been paying off because in church on Sunday, we had the most investigators there that I've ever seen in my entire mission! It was fabulous. Hilaria and her huge family came, Luis who's still getting baptized came, Mayra and her daughter came, and a new investigator who's recovering from drugs came. The numbers were outstanding but even more exciting was seeing the faith that these people are exerting.

Seriously, mom, the faith in these people is miraculous and their hearts are being turned towards God. People are so hungry for the word of God. Most of these people don't realize that the true word of God isn't taught in all religions. And only when the doctrines are taught to them with clarity and with faithful, strong testimony are they able to feel that the true gospel is found only in the church that's been restored on the earth today through a prophet of God.
We taught a guy from Mexico who looks almost exactly like Abram Langston only with darker skin and a thicker eyebrow. We explained the doctrine of the fall and the need for the atonement. Even though it was pouring rain and the tiny roof we had over us didn't prevent us from being cold and wet, he still felt the need for the atonement in his own life. He asked us what he'll need to do to get baptized. We've also been teaching the second lesson to Hilaria Hernandez and her family. She has three little kids and a 16 year old daughter. They recently had a death in the family so she's been hungry to know what's happening to her brother who died. She's been praying a lot for her brother but after we taught her of the spirit world and how the gospel is taught there too, she asked, "So should I still keep praying for my brother?" We told her to pray that her brother will be humble enough to accept the gospel while there in the spirit world. After she and her family came to church on Sunday, she was so much happier and asked us, "When are you going to come back and teach us?"

Mayra has a baptismal date. It's been a long time coming. She's been reading the Book of Mormon off and on for 10 years and she knows that its true. We asked if she believed, then, that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. Her eyes got big and she said, "Well, yeah, I'm mean, he saw God and Jesus Christ. He has to be a true prophet." So after talking about it, she said she wanted to be baptized and on the 14th of March, she's going to do it. It's so miraculous to me to see people's hearts change. Its even more miraculous the influence that the Holy Ghost has on those who are humble enough to listen to him.

So enough about me. Let's talk about home. It sounds like good things are happening there. Camille is looking for a car....that's always neat. To answer your question, Camille, that lady wasn't lying, the weather here in Houston is GORGEOUS! I really wish I could be there to see all the funny things that the kids are doing. You know like Adalyn schooling Mom on her dance moves, Caitlyn calling Grandpa "Baumpoo," Kelsey beating up babies in nursery, Daniel teaching nursery (so he's not one of the kids, but i still want to see him in a room with a bunch of kids), and Emily taking gymnastics classes. How's Keiti doing? What kind of fun projects has Corban been taking on? Jacob, how's the tercel's brakes doing? I really enjoyed your haircut, buddy. Please have a fun haircut for me to see when I get home. Jill, are you still massaging? Do you want me to send you a cool cd to play for your customers while you rub them down? It's not as good as Chris Kattan's cd, but its one that Mahnas gave me. She's from Iran and speaks Farsy. You might be able to play it. I'm not sure but I love one of the songs on it. You want to have it? Huh?....ok, honey, I be sending it to you.

Espero que todos tengan trabajo todavia y que esten felices. Ojala que pudieramos todos estar juntos. Me encanta mi mision. Amo a mision con todo mi corazon. Pero aun mas que eso, amo a mi familia. Extrano mucho a mi familia y miro con gran gozo el dia en cuando podemos estar juntos. Voy a llorar mucho yo creo. I love you all so so much. Thank you for helping me serve this mission. I have become such a better person by serving the Lord. I love my Lord so much. I love these people here. I'm so sorry for taking you all for granted but I realize now more than ever the amount of stuff you've all done for me.
I love you.
Hermana Langston

No comments: