First and Foremost,
Loved the pictures beyond explanation. It made me feel confident that there is definitely a God who loves us.
Second, is Jacob already graduating? That part makes me slightly sad. Ask them to hold off on the graduations until after I get home. Good?
Number three...I'm leaving Houston 9. So starting Wednesday, you can change the color of the stickers on my wall poster marker map. I knew it was coming even though everyone thought otherwise. I just barely told Luis over the phone, and Hna Rodriguez from the ward knows. I'm afraid to tell anyone else. It's already going to be rough with Luis. I'm full of all sorts of mixed emotion right now.
Oh can I tell you?? This week we've been working hard in trying to find a family, right? We fasted on Tuesday and it was a VERY difficult fast. But yesterday, we found them! They got the job! They got the job! The dad and kids want to get baptized. The mom is skeptical but the dad is going to fast this week for her to soften her heart. I'm almost 100% positive that they'll be getting baptized. It's wonderful to know that God answers our prayers.
So Miss Joan isn't going to be teaching after this year, huh? That is going to be very hard for everyone. Ah man, I'm already missing her. Change is so difficult, you know? Tell her that I say hi and that I love her so much. I actually miss her laugh right now.
Well family, I'm going to sign out now by saying that God always takes care of us better than we can take care of ourselves. He is able to do it when we are people of faith--when we look past the weight of the world and believe in something that we're not able to see or even understand. He will guide us if we'll just let Him.
I'm confident that Houston 9 will flourish with a new missionary here in my place and me gone. I'm confident that Luis will become a better person in these next months.
But it still doesn't take away the pain of saying goodbye.
Les quiero mucho.
Cuidense mucho.
~Hermana Langston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Jeanette,
You are correct in saying that it is painful to say goodbye. I have lots of those in the future. That was sweet of you to say you miss my laugh. I laughed so much the other night when I had all my friends over for dinner. Your mom and Miss Karen were doing a great job entertaining everyone.
Post a Comment