You didn't get my email??
AWE MAN!
I wrote a nice long one and told you about the flooding. Then I thought it had sent but it turns out that it didnt. Sorry about that. It's a good thing, though, I guess that it didn't get sent because in there I said that I was excited to call you guys this sunday....meaning yesterday. I totally got confused. So best that I didn't confuse ya'll too.
Let's see...the past two weeks. Well, the most exciting thing is that we did get lots of flooding. Nothing nearly as bad as a few blocks down the street from us where people died and cars were turned upside down. The thing is that as missionaries we don't get to watch the news, see. So on Monday night, Hna Gibson and I went out proselyting as usual and the wind picked up mucho grande. Then the wind started pelting us. So we got back in the car. Love cars. But we didn't realize how bad the flooding was going to be and we just kept driving. We had to stop by the elders apts and they were impressed that we were still out working. They took a picture of us all soaked and I'll be sending that to you directly. But they told us that we shouldn't be out working so after our following appt., we went back to the apartment.
Mayra was BAPTIZED!! That's cool that there was a baptism in the ward. I realize that there is something special about baptisms. They bring the spirit so strong. Mayra was so nervous but so elegant in her white gown. She came to church Sunday and she seemed like a completely new person. She is now involving herself with the Relief Society more and wants us to teach her daughter so that she too can be baptized. I love Mayra so much and I'm so glad that I didn't give up on her when all the other missionaries did. She told us that if it weren't for us, she wouldn't have been able to go through with it. It made my day to hear that.
Luis is still going strong in the ward. He went to a camp out the other week and is bonding well with all the ward members. He's just so in tune with the spirit and his own personal revelations. He tells us of his excitement in receiving personal revelation, but never tells us what that revelation was. He understands the sacredness of it.
We're finding a lot of single guys who've left their families in Mexico or El Salvador or Hondurus. They've been spiritually prepared and its exciting to see them recognized the truths in this gospel. They're able to see that it's not something the world teaches, but it's different. And for that reason, many of them are on board for baptism.
I'm so glad that Dan is cancer-free! That's a huge relief. Gives me more hope in everything. People here are freaking out about the swine flu. We've been counseled on how to avoid it, and the importance of staying in the house if we have the symptoms, but Sister Allred, the president's wife, assures us that it's nothing to be scared about. So far, I haven't had any of the symptoms and neither has sister Gibson. We're ok thus far.....I drew a picture during the whole shpeel of how to prevent it. It's a picture of what I'd do if I got it. I look at it often to make me feel better. Ravenous hogs may come knocking at the door, but I'm confident that I could fend them off. And if I'm lucky, they'll just give me a black eye.
I'm doing my best to take care of myself. I need to eat better and I'm going to try to eat more healthy food this week. This Sunday! I'm excited. So after 5 Utah time? Ok I'll call after that. I've got so many good stories to tell you about the mission and I'm excited to hear a little something from everyone. Since we only have 30-40 minutes, think beforehand of what you want to say. I've been marking down a few ideas myself.
I love you all. I'm amazed each day at the blessings I've been given as a daughter of God and I complain less each day. Still I have a ways to go, but I'm truly astounded at the mercy of my Savior who's able to forgive when I'm truly repentant. I love this gospel. I love the perfection that this church holds. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus. I love these people and will be very heart sick when I leave....so promise me that you'll come with me when I return someday. I wish you could all meet these people. The hispanic people are so open hearted and humble. Plus they'll make you really good pupusas or gorditas. Would you like crema with it or just salsa? Salsa? Ok but try just a little bit of crema also.
Les quiero mucho!~~Hermana Langston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment