Hey guys,
It's me again. Man the weeks are going by fast again. I had a whopper of a week! On Wednesday, Sister Gibbs went to another area with a new companion so that she could get her ESL classes started and stuff. That day, I got a new companion named Hna Gibson and she's from Orem Ut. She's 6'1" so I feel like a really tiny little guy. But she's amazingly positive about this work and is so willing to take instruction on missionary work so it's very nice for me. She doesn't seem to be homesick yet and I haven't heard her complain once--even after seeing the dishwasher full of cockroaches. She's great and we're getting some real stuff done around here.
My birthday was great, thanks for asking. Thank you all for your cards and packagaes. Thank you also to the missionary moms that sent cards! That was a surprise! The elders in my district surprised me with a twix filled b-day cake and breakfast burritos. Mahnas threw a party for me and I cried because it was the first time I'd seen her since her trip to Iran and also because I just didn't expect her and Sister Peck, an english ward member, to be at her house with party hats and one million pieces of iranian candy. The next day, Wednesday night, Luis told me that I have a defect about me and said that if I wanted to fix it, I'd let him take me and my comp to IHOP. So, after teaching a couple of lessons with him, we went to IHOP.
Daniel Fuentes got baptized on Saturday and he was INCREDIBLY nervous. After a lot of unfortunate events, he actually got under the water and came up. I took a little video of him afterwards so hopefully I can send that to you somehow. He's been confirmed and now we will work really hard to help him do what he wants to do--help build the kingdom of God.
So many miracles are occurring here that are leading people to the missionaries. People have been walking up to us and telling us they've been looking for us. I wish I could tell you all about it.
Right now we're working with Mayra moreno so that she can be baptized the 2nd of May. Also, we found a cute family that wants to learn. I'll keep you updated on them.
Camille, thank you for that yellow shirt. It's uber cute and comfy. Thank the 5th ward for the birthday card and tell Robin that I'm amazed by her card crafting skills. I know this gospel is true. I want only to serve God and His children
Love,Hermana Langston

No comments:
Post a Comment