Hello Family and Peggy!!!
Quick! Everyone write me:
6424 Central City Blvd #326
Galveston, TX 77551
I still don't have it memorized. But anyway, there it is. Galveston is SO GOOD! We're definitely in Hurricane season. It started June 1st and we've gotten a few shpeels about how to be prepared. But so far its just been a real nice time of sun and a cool breeze. I love it here.
Sister Campbell and I are doing great things together. We're trying real hard to make big things happen, and so far....the results are few. But yesterday at church, we had a lot of good things fall into our lap. Like President Allred arrived and was able to interview an investigator named Maria Perez. This saved us a lot of hassle and a lot of time. Another thing was that a member couple asked if they could accompany us to an appt. They actually came to us and asked! We're going to be seeing some good things here. The members are great.
Maria Perez is getting baptized this Saturday and she's so thrilled. She has a brain tumor but is so upbeat and happy to be living. She's such a good little member missionary too. She's about 40 and recently her elderly mother moved in to help take care of her.
I have a good story.
Here in Galveston, there's a lot of poor people and people who have made some really bad choices in their lives. Pico is one of them. He's older, of latin blood but born in Galveston, really gross looking, and has a mustache that, accdg to Sister Campbell, looks like that of Stinky Pete. I consider it a white handlebar. But he flirts with Sister Campbell a lot and she wishes that she could tell him to stop but she doesn't have the courage to do it. Anyway, this is the background.
On Friday night, we went over to Maria Perez's house and drunk Pico was outside with a drunk friend and Maria was yelling at them for ruining her garden with their lawn chairs. We put up with them for a few minutes then left them outside while we went in to teach a lesson. Maria was so frustrated because almost every day Pico shows up and just loiters. He has nowhere to go. But she tries to tell him to leave and he won't. As she explained all the stuff that he's done, and the disrespect he has, and the smoke he creates that does damage to her and her mom, the emotion built up inside me and I couldn't stand for it anymore. I got off the couch, went to the front door, and raised my voice at them. I didn't remember what I'd said until Sister Campbell reminded me later and said she was really impressed. I was impressed with myself. I remember a year and a half ago being in a position of not knowing how to tell people off and getting VERY upset at myself for it. But it felt so good to stand up for what was right and to see how grateful Maria and her mom was for it all. Doing what's right has its reward.
I'm speaking spanish, but I think it'll be harder these last few months now that we aren't teaching all the time in spanish.I'm so happy to hear about the stuff going on in the homeward and the lessactives coming back. I enjoyed looking at the pictures on the blog. I showed Sister Campbell. She's VERY IMPRESSED with Dan's picture of Joan, Karen, and Miss Connie. I am too.
Ok, I've got to go. I hope everyone is doing well. I hope Camille and Candice will have a happy birthday tomorrow, and I look forward to getting your one million letters in the mail.
Love,
Hermana Langston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment