Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday News

I can't even begin to tell you all how grateful I am. I'm so grateful that there is a plan of salvation prepared for all of us. I'm so grateful that no matter who we are, we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and watches out for us. He knows all of us personally. And I'm so grateful that I now understand this...I realize now just how blessed I've been in my life to have access to this knowledge. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father loves me enough to give me so many tools to return back to Him and I'm grateful that He works hard to make sure all of us are able to return back to Him.

I was sad to hear the news of Bryce Christensen but I'm so grateful that his family is doing well.This week has been really amazing. So much of my patience has been tried. So much of my faithfulness has been tried. But as a result, God opened the doors and windows and air vents to His blessings.

Jorge is still progressing nicely and making friends in the church. He came yesterday for the first time and seemed very shy and afraid. But we talked to many ward members later who said that they were all in love with the kid. He is bonding with the Familia Estrada and yesterday after church was hanging out with them for quite some time. Hna Estrada was so happy to see him bonding with her and her boys. It amazes me to see how the Lord takes care of His sheep...I feel like I just need to do a little and does a whole lot.We've also found another guy, Luis Hernandez, who's 20 years old and from Guatemala. He was a person who we almost didn't go and talk to because we thought he wouldn't be interested. But after our second visit and after teaching the Plan of Salvation, we asked him a question and he said, "I know that God answers prayers. a few days before you found me, I was praying to God to know my motive in life and now here you are. He wasn't able to come to church yesterday but we all worked together to get him to the Fireside at night and the spirit was so strong.
We're teaching a mother and her 9 year old daughter too. She knows its all true and wants to prepare to be baptized. She's so cool.

I love this gospel so much. I'm so grateful to be a part of something that matters--that builds and strengthens others as well as it does to me. In church yesterday we learned about the Millenium and how for 1,000 years there will be peace on the land before judgement comes. The sad thing is that only those who are worthy to live in such a peaceful society will God permit to live here during that time. Those who aren't will be waiting for 1,000 years in misery. I can't imagine living in my own regrets for 1,000 years and then forever. So I'm trying to remember that and help others here not to do anything they'd regret. I be all pounding on their doors cryin, saying, "Please you've GOT to hear this message!! Don't do this to yourselves!!"
I love you all!
Hermana Langston

No comments: