Hello Familly and Friends!
I've been so excited these past few days to come here and write you. This week has been flying by and we have been working more by the spirit than we ever have before. We've been able to see a little fruit of our labors and also the blessing of obedience. Not only that, but I've encountered fun little messes that I still haven't learn to clean up myself.
I haven't put any thought into what I'm going to do when I get home, but I hope whatever I do involves my family. What did everyone do for Halloween? What did the kids dress up as? I and my companion got to come in early for the night since Houston gets crazy on Halloween. We worked hard to meet our goals for the day then went home and enjoyed ourselves a nice frozen pizza and watched a Christmas movie while wrapped in a blanket. Nothing like Mr. Krueger's Xmas on a scary Halloween night.
Guadelupe isn't progressing as nicely as we expected but she is still reading the Book of Mormon and has lots of questions. We just need her to start keeping appts and maybe she'll progress better. The little girl Ana isn't technically progressing but we're still teaching her and her little brother and sisters. Its been amazing to feel the difference in their house after we turn off the tv, sit the kids down, and sing hymns with them. I'm starting to see more and more how blessed I was to grow up with the gospel teachings in my home.
Did we tell you about a couple named Elba and Fernando? We've known them for a few weeks now but just recently we had time to sit down with them. They just moved here from NC and they'd talked to missionaries a lot in North Carolina. Fernando is so sweet and humble. Elba is so hard working and strong. But she didn't want to go to church or be baptized into our church. After teaching the first lesson to Elba, we set up another appt to meet with the both of them. The second time, though, we just talked to Fernando who was so open to listen. He told us about one time he was taken to jail and he prayed to be released so that he could go take care of his wife again. He told the Lord he'd read the whole Bible if He'd free him. Fernando read the Bible and 30 minutes after he finished it, the guard let him out. When we talked about the Book of Mormon, his eyes lit up and said, "I'm going to read that book from beginning to end. When I finish it, I know the Lord will solve the problems I'm having with Elba right now." Last night we had a miracle lesson with them. We hadn't planned a specific principle to teach them but after talking to them and listening to their doubts, we sang "I Stand All Amazed" and I tell you honestly the words that came out of my mouth after that did not come from my own brain. The spirit inspired my every word and at the end of it, Elba was crying. When I asked, "Elba, when you know that these things are true, will you be baptized?" she only hesitated a moment and said, "yes." Her husband explained so much about the Book of Mormon to her. He's begun reading it and he understands better than any investigator I've met why the Book of Mormon "Is the most correct of any book on the earth." Elba let go of a lot of pride last night and we committed them both to learn more about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and prepare for baptism. I feel so much love for them. They're like my second parents. When we went home, Hna McDonald asked me, "Was that you talking in that appt?" She could tell that the spirit was guiding me cuz, shoot, I sure can't say anything as smart as I said last night. In fact, I can't even say a firm no to people who I want to go away. We've had a creepy encounter from a sort of investigator who asked us if we could marry and then kept calling and calling and leaving messages and being too flirty. I tried to kindly tell him that it wasn't allowed and that we can't sit and chat because we're busy missionaries. He still kept calling so finally the district leader told him off. One day I'll learn to clean up my own messes.
This area is growing. It's happening slowly but since we got our new district leader, things have been improving. The bishop is very hard working. The members are very excited to welcome new people at church. We're starting to put this work back in order and we're starting to accomplish goals that we set. One thing I've come to learn is that this gospel teaches order. God is a god of order and the more organized we are, the more we are able to feel the spirit. Obedience by faith is the only way to learn of the happiness that God has prepared for us. Seek to organize your lives a little more. Seek to organize and clean your minds. Seek for that which is virtuous and lovely. The spirit will dwell with you and I'm telling you it's the most amazing feeling to have the spirit guide your very thought and action.
Este evangelio es bello. Este plan de felicidad es posible. Trabajemos para encontrar felicidad.
Love,Hermana Langston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment