Monday, November 17, 2008

I Love This Gospel!

Oooh eee I love this gospel so much. I love it, I love it, I love IT!! (Leg in the air). It brings so much happiness and not only that but protection.

Two good stories to tell: The other night Hermana and I were knocking doors in an area that we just felt needed to be knocked. I just KNEW there was somebody who needed to be found. After the night was over, we found a few "meh" people who had "meh" interest, but we set up an appt with them and returned the next night. Both of them weren't there so we kept knocking. We found a lady named wendy who spoke to us in really good English but is from El Salvador. She was home with her two kids who look black and so it confused us as to whether or not we should speak Spanish or English. But we sat down with her and spoke English. She first saw us a missionaries for a church. She was curious because she had been a part of another church before but didn't like it and she hasn't been to church since. She basically was "church shopping," you know what I mean? But we started talking, and we started teaching real doctrine, and suddenly the spirit was so strong. I saw tears come to Wendy's eyes as she listened. Suddenly she asked, "Are you two in charge of the church? Do you do the sermons?" A little confused and surprised, we both said no. She said to me, "because I feel something with you. I trust you. You just seem like you know what you're talking about. You [hna Mcdonald] seem a little more nervous or scared or something, but I can tell you [me] know what you're talking about." It kind of made both of us laugh but we explained that what she's feeling is the Holy Ghost. Her original church shopping attitude changed into her life story of how she feels so empty. Her reason for talking to us became less superficial, but instead filled a deep cavity that she perhaps didn't realize she had until she got a taste of what she could have in its place. She was more than willing to let us come back and said she'd be more comfortable in a church in Spanish, so we've set up another appt and she's excited to come to church on Sunday. I was so glad after that appt that we kept on knocking even after the original appts fell through.

The spirit has also protected us in a few small situations this week. One happened last night when we were trying to find the house of a less active member. It was out in the country and we walked up to this house that was very dark. I didn't feel in danger. But as soon as we got to the door, we both noticed a GINORMOUS dog just sitting there. The owner came to the door and was amazed that his dog didn't attack us. He said that Jesus must have been protecting us. Turns out that all around the house was warning signs for this dog and usually the dog is pretty angry. I felt like Daniel must have felt in the lion's den. Truly the Lord protects His servants.

Elba and Fernando are doing well. They're having a hard time financially but they're practicing more and more faith. The ward is needing more help and us sisters are trying to excite everyone to practice faith and have hope for the future. I love you all. I love this gospel. I know that its true. We have such a huge responsibility to help and lift others. Lift where you stand.
Love, Hermana Langston

No comments: