I got some good and bad news this morning. While I was running around the track, Hna Torres sat and waited for the transfer call saying where we'd all be going this upcoming transfer. For those who don't habla español, or who haven't been up to date with my mission-either one-, I've been in the same area since the beginning of my mission. But I only had to do one lap around the track before I found out that I'm being transferred. And not only that, but I'm pregnant! I'm going to have to train my daughter in a completely new area! So after I found that out I took out all my stress on the track.
The past two weeks have been so much fun. I can't even begin to explain how much of a difference live is with someone who you love and can get a long with--someone who has the same interests as you and same goals and is equally yoked so to speak. Hna Torres and I have been working hard, spending time in the street, hurting our brains planning good lessons for these people we're teaching, and yet it doesn't seem like work. I wonder if I've been slacking off these past few weeks but I think about it and no. We've been working really hard, and pushing ourselves just a little bit at a time, but because we're still laughing and having fun, it does not seem like work at all. I'm going to miss my dear Hermana Torres very much.This last week we decided we wanted to know what it was like for the elders who have to ride bikes all day. So for one day, we switched our car with the elders and took the bikes across town. It was AWESOME!!! I've never been so sweaty in my life! I took one picture so I'll send it your way. The elders told us when they gave us the car back that they felt like they weren't even working. They had taught a lot of lessons that day and said they'd felt the spirit so strong. We had taught two lessons and were just drained and sweaty and somewhat stressed that we didn't hit our numbers. I now have a great respect for what the elders do. And am more grateful for our car
Jesus Guerrero has a baptismal date but I won't be here to see it. He's been growing so much and has even been a missionary himself. He invited one of his work friends to the Charla Fogonera and since then the friend has been to church. The Charla was very stressful in the beginning---no one showed up on time! I knew that hispanics just have a tendancy to be late, but I seriously wondered if anyone would come. And the mission president was there! I just relaxed and let my inner Ray tell me, "If you build it, they will come." I knew they'd show up eventually and sure enough we had a great turn out. The spirit was so strong. One of the slightly less active members sat next to me and was in tears, saying it was a reawakening. My Inner Ray knew that what we'd built truly was inspired.You know what's frustrating sometimes? You don't always get to see the fruits of your labors. Part of being a humble missionary is serving because you love the Lord, and you're a worker in his vineyard. But sometimes I work because I want the glory of knowing what I'M doing is making a difference in others. But I've honestly not seen a lot of the fruit of my labor. I've only had 2 baptisms while I've been here and neither of them are around anymore. I sometimes get caught up in the statistics of this work and use it to measure how successful I've been as a missionary. But last night a tender moment changed my attitude.
I have to go. I sure love this gospel. I love the scriptures. Oh my holy yum yums, everyone, read your scriptures!!! I can't believe how COOL they are
I love you all tons!Love, Hermana Langston
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment