The visit from Elder Perry was amazing. I left that meeting crying. He said some pretty interesting things about the times that are to follow in the economy, in the world. (P.S. what IS going on in the world in the economy right now? How bad is it? He said that the baptisms are going up in all parts of the world except for in the United States. He told us that we live in the land of promise and prosperity. The Lord has promised that as long as the people in this land will keep His commandments, we will all prosper in the land. But as its happening right now, not many people are getting baptized. Inactivity is still thriving. We as missionaries have the moral responsibility to bring these people to the gospel. He spoke with words of comfort and surety. I left that meeting knowing that I could do it, but somewhat worried of all the trials that lie ahead. Tell everyone back home of what Elder Perry said. If we can just hold down are stakes of Zion, we can get through whatever hard times are to come upon us.
I'm attaching some pictures of my 1 year mark burning of shirts. I'm also going to send a whole bunch of pictures from since before Thanksgiving and onward. They're all labeled on the back so hopefully they'll be interesting.
The area is doing well. Luis is still going to be baptized. He finally asked his boss for Sunday's off and he's totally willing to pay tithing so that's a good sign. He's an amazing person who's full of faith and willing obedience. If only everyone in Texas could be that way.
Mom you really are such a huge support to me. Thank you for being so patient and loving with me. I know you say that a lot of people there love me but sometimes I don't know what to think. I feel like Satan is telling me little by little that I don't have what it takes to do this work. He knows that something marvelous is about to come forth among the children of men, and he's doing EVERYTHING he can to try and tell me its not important. That no one at home is even noticing what I'm doing out here so why try. I know that the way I'm feeling right now will pass. But in the mean time, it would help if I got some letters from the people in Utah.
I know that this gospel is true. I'm still working hard amidst conflict and there are small results from it of which I am grateful. Thank you for raising me in the gospel, Mom, and setting a good example for me.
Love,
Hermana Langston





No comments:
Post a Comment